4.14.2009

Another Memoir

The summer’s heat makes me a bum. I always feel sleepy and tired.

Good thing I’m one of the Yearbook Staff. My schedule was changed. I have to sleep earlier for tomorrow’s work. Then, the morning madness comes again – fix the bed, comb my long hair, take a bath, and dress up faster. Sometimes, I don’t eat breakfast which is not a good idea. And go to school. It’s as if I’m having summer class. Ha-ha! But the difference is that I’ll be facing the laptop for the whole day. Oh no! My eyes are actually becoming blurry. And I really, really need to see an optometrist.

Raaawr! I want to see my other classmates. I miss it. I miss everything. I miss waking up so early in the morning just to be the first one to use the shower. I miss wearing my brown uniform and fixing my school stuffs before eating breakfast. I miss walking with my siblings and cousin just to wait for the carpool in the street-corner. I miss being so silent inside our van with my carpool mates. I miss arguing with myself where to pass – left wing staircase or main staircase? I miss carrying my big books and that large speaker for reports. I miss seeing Angel Du opening her locker before entering the room. I miss calling Bebe(Ana Lily)’s name and hiding before she guesses it’s me. I miss banging myself unto Sir Sapues’ table before taking my seat. I miss greeting Gem a good morning and waiting for his loud voice to reply. I miss chatting with Rau and Rey near the left wing CR. I miss going down for Flag Ceremony. I miss shouting, “BABA NA!Kwa-on nako inyong ID ‘ron”. I miss standing in front of everyone with hair pony tailed, green uniform neatly ironed and holding the Philippine flag. I miss guarding those cute little hard-headed boys while Ruchel, Sir Ronnie or Sister Virgie is talking in front. I miss walking up with rosary on my hand and murmuring the prayer. I miss turning on the ceiling fans before going to my seat. I miss saying, “Please pray the rosary.” That’s still in the morning!
I don’t need to say what I am doing in the afternoon. Basta, MISS KO SILA! I miss High School!

High School was my life. Real! I’ve learned so many lessons. I met my so-called BFFs, the ones that are TRUE and I can say that are really keeping in touch. I don’t need to mention them. You know who you are. And I hope you’ll never change.

No comments: